The Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) Unified Communications project will replace the University’s existing Centrex telephone system with a new Cisco VoIP Unified Communications (UC) system. This system encompasses telephone, instant messaging, presence services and other current technologies.
Cisco VoIP Unified Communications provides several new features:
- New Cisco VoIP telephones with many advanced features including call history, feature buttons, a high-quality two-way speakerphone, and a phone model that includes a color display.
- Delivery of voicemail messages (as audio files) via email.
- Collaboration with the other campuses will be easier as the Lincoln campus will be part of the corporate directory. All calls to colleagues on the Lincoln campus will be toll free.
- Mobility features that allow incoming calls to your Cisco phone to simultaneously ring your cell phone or to hand-off in-progress calls to your cell phone.
- Jabber application for instant messaging, presence and call control capabilities of your desk phone. Jabber can be used in addition to a physical phone or optionally as a softphone in place of a physical phone.